What is this Web 2.0 that Tim O' Reilly came up with? Web 1.0 was apparently incapable of social networking, such as "facebook", "youtube", and "eBay". These links are very important because it is correct that these sites were not able to be created back at the beginning of the invention of the personal computer. Back then, the only people who could make websites were clearly very clever in the world of programming, and could only create sites such as personal sites which would take effort and time, and would have to keep up with keeping people who log on to the page informed. I don't think it's fair to call the web 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0, because it evolves everyday, grows and more people join networks, upload videos, and use services online. It isn't fair to just let Tim O' Reilly (even though he's Irish) put a name on the evolution of the internet, because as it grows faster and faster everyday, I think the name will have to change an awful lot in the near future.
I believe the only thing related to the internet that we should put a name on is the improvements made in the transition between dial-up, to broadband, to wireless, and hopefully soon, it will just become free, as it is a vital part of life in our square-eyed lives. I have heard of this new step in internet technology however, the cloudbook; stores data on networks, and can surf the internet, and email, while being much smaller and lighter than a laptop; this video shows exactly what I mean.
So I think I have proved my point, advances on internet connectivity, and advances on general computing technology have grown, and have been renamed, but the only thing that has changed with the internet is people. Society is the driving force behind the growth of the internet, so that's why I don't think the name should be changed.
Similar comments to previous post. To much opinion and not enough research to back it up.
ReplyDelete